The Plantation at Ponte Vedra Beach is the only equity residential neighborhood in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. In this all inclusive, intimate community, home ownership includes membership to a beautiful golf course, private beach club, tennis facility, amenities park featuring a croquet lawn, fitness center and clubhouse complete with dining and social options galore. Neighborhood conveniences include 24-hour security, private mail service, a library, and recycling center.
There are 579 homes sites, offering buyers the opportunity to select the style and size of house that is right for each family. Homes range from magnificent estate homes to elegant no-maintenance garden homes. There are also a few remaining home sites to build.
The Plantation encompasses 650 acres of land with 133 acres of golf course and 4 acres of oceanfront. In addition, 6 acres were recently utilized to develop Plantation Commons, a brand new amenity park.
The Plantation golf course was recently renovated under the guidance of golf course architect Greg Letsche, and is a par 72, 7,141 yard championship golf course. The course is private with no resort guests or public events. The Plantation has a very active event and tournament schedule for men, women, couples and young ones. The Plantation is also the home course for the “Sharks” of Ponte Vedra High School! Golf Course Features:
- Golf Shop, Director of Golf, Nancy Maunder (Former LPGA Player & Award Winning Instructor) • Two Assistant Golf Professionals
- 18-hole golf course • Putting green • Driving range & practice facility • Lessons, Clinics, Events & Tournaments for men, women, couples and juniors • Locker rooms, Bag storage, and Merchandise discounts for members
The Plantation is also the home court for the “Lions” of Landrum Middle School. In addition, in the Tennis Center area also includes the following:
- Tennis Pro Shop • Director of Tennis, Jeff Millaire • 7 Har-Tru Courts • Stadium Configuration • Lighted for Night Play • Practice Wall • Ball Machine for Practice • Group or Individual Lessons • Clinics for Men, Women, Couples, Junior and Kids • Team Competition • Ping Pong Table • Junior Programs, Teams & Clinics • Community Playground • Basketball Courts
The Plantation Beach House is a quick 10 minute bike ride from the main gate and remains open 365 days a year. The Beach House features the following:
- Junior Olympic Size Pool • Lifeguards on Duty May through September • 24 Hour Security • The Beach House Facility • Dining/Food Service March through December, Thursdays-Sundays • Playground and Grass Area for Family Events • Private Gate & Parking
- Beach Access for Pets • Grills & Fire Pit • Wedding Venue
The Plantation House
The Plantation House is a 25,000 square foot facility featuring the following:
- $7 Million of Renovations in 2008 • The Lake Room – A Formal Dining Room/Banquet Room for 120 • The 19th Hole – A Casual Dining Area • The Card Room • The Presidents’ Room – Meetings & Private Events for up to 40 • The Rowe Room – An Intimate Gathering Room • Locker Rooms • The Turn Café • Lending Library
The Fitness Center features:
- Director of Fitness, Jim Turner • Weight Resistance and Cardiovascular Machines • Free Weight Section • Group Studio • Health & Fitness Classes • Annual Health Fair and 5K Community Run • Private Training • Open Daily from 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Plantation Commons Amenity Area:
Plantation Commons features the following:
- Open air Pavilion with Bathrooms • State of the Art Playground • Croquet Court • Grills • Walking Path • Multi Use Open Space
In addition, in the Croquet Program includes the following:
- Certified USCA Croquet Professional, Arina Yakotseva • Weekly Croquet Clinics • Weekly Events, including: Ladies on the Lawn, Men & Mallets and Wine & Wickets
Kids & Family Activities
There are approximately 180 children that currently reside in The Plantation at Ponte Vedra. While historically, membership has been 60+, in the past five years the community has seen a noteworthy shift in demographics and has welcomed many young families into the community. Throughout the year events are held to cater to kids and families. Events include:
- Summer Camps for All Ages • Arts & Crafts • Fitness • Tennis • Golf • Surfing • Cooking Classes • Educational Programs • Family & Football Nights with Supervision for Kids • Holiday Cookouts & Special Events at The Beach House • Youth Tennis Clinics, Programs and Teams • Youth Golf Clinics & Special Events • Public School Bus Pick Up and Drop Off at Tennis Center • Easter Bunny Basket Deliveries • Annual Camp Out • Halloween Haunted House • Playground & Basketball Court Available
The Plantation is the Landrum Middle School’s Tennis Team’s home court. Also, the Ponte Vedra High School’s Golf Teams home course. The Ponte Vedra Sharks were the 2013 State Champions!
The following is a list of member-run social clubs:
- Bird Watchers/Social Birds • Book Club • Bridge & Card Clubs • Garden Club • Gourmet Dinner Club • Stitchery Club • Trivia Night
Member Run Events: Throughout the year special events are organized and implemented by Member volunteer groups. Events include:
- The Dog Show • Navy Appreciation Day • The Great Back Yard Bird Count • The Plantation Foundation Music Centric Events
Community Membership Dues
Initial Deposit: $40,000 ($20,000 is refundable upon sale of the property)
Monthly Fees: $934 Dues – Covers unlimited member use of the golf, fitness, tennis, swimming, beach and clubhouse facilities plus 24-hour security, private mail service and common area maintenance.
Service Charge: $40 This is in lieu of gratuities.
Capital Allocation: $55 Money set aside specifically for repair and replacement of capital assets.
Special Assessment: $121 Fee applies to retiring debt taken on to accomplish facilities renovations. Fee is payable monthly through 2/28/2025.
Total: $1150 per month* (as of 1/2018)
*Garden Homes pay an additional monthly fee of $325 for Association lawn maintenance for a total of $1385 per month. Sales taxes will be added on items as determined by the State of Florida. All fees, charges and taxes are subject to change. Use fees for private carts, cart rental, club care and storage, locker rentals and guests are extra.
Schools and Location
St. Johns County Public Schools
Elementary: (K-5): Ocean Palms Elementary School
Middle School: (6-8): Alice B. Landrum Middle School
High School (9-12): Ponte Vedra High School
See St. Johns County School Zoning Maps for more info.
Plantation at Ponte Vedra Beach Homes for Sale
If you would like more information on Plantation at Ponte Vedra Beach homes for sale, please call, click, or text Kristin or Quinton with the Doakes Team!